Genesis GS 2000 reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have - or + conmments on the Genesis GS2000 reg?

divemed06 once bubbled...
Does anyone have - or + conmments on the Genesis GS2000 reg?

I hear they blow up if used with EAN22 as shipped....sorry srwdtech...had to do it :wink:.

One of the guys I dive with uses his in cold water and to depths of 150 ft and has never had any complaints about it. My personal experience is limited but they seem to breathe well.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...
One of the guys I dive with uses his in cold water and to depths of 150 ft and has never had any complaints about it. My personal experience is limited but they seem to breathe well.

Mine does quite well, I've had no complaints with it except that you can't buy a second stage only so I had to go to another brand to get a good backup reg. I just had to get a dig in on shrwdtech on the Nitrox thing :).

I don't know....EAN 22 is a pretty hot mix, I'd be careful....

My buddy does have the cute little nitrox trim ring on his though.

I know a guy who has two of them and has used them on 150ft dives. He said they breath great and are problem free. However, I think that for around the same price, you could get a ScubaPro.

James...

No worries at all! I don't mind the good natured ribbing!

I just have to be good and bow out when all the "rest of the mud slinging" starts.

I'll tell ya, though, there are times I'd LOVE to let my creative energies flow into my writing skills.

Have a great day!!!

shrwdtech once bubbled...
I'll tell ya, though, there are times I'd LOVE to let my creative energies flow into my writing skills.

There are times when I think the TOS should allow multiple accounts and yours is probably one of them. You should be able to post as a representative of Sherwood/Genesis as well as post as an indivdual.

James

Personally, I've had mine for a little over a year now. I really like the reg myself. Breaths VERY easy; even at depth. I've only taken mine down to about 120, but I noticed 0 loss of performance.

The only things I don't like about the reg is the little switch on top (dive - predive settings). It isn't marked which side is which. So I never use it... Whatever it is on is what I dive ;-) Also, that resistance swith is a little lose for my test. It turns too easy. A couple of times I have lessened the breathing resistance accidently (picking it up and sitting it up on the tanks I'm guessing). As a result, I have gotten a couple of free-flows when I first turn the tank value on. Personally, I don't see the need for either of these features - I think they are just marking gimmicks ;-)

But the main point is that the reg breaths beautiful!!!!

Talon once bubbled...
The only things I don't like about the reg is the little switch on top (dive - predive settings). It isn't marked which side is which.

Actually it is marked. If you look closely and squint you will se a + (dive) on one side and a - (pre dive) on the other. Of course it is invisible when wet.

Back
Top Bottom