Genesis GS 2000 reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had my GS2000 about one year. I've got to agree with Talon that the switch is a little confusing. Other manufacturers seem to be able to manufacture good, easy-breathing regs without it. I've had it to 130' without ANY complaints about performance. However, about 6 months ago the alternate (a Genesis Octo), started to bleed a little air continuosly. I took it in for service, & when I got it back the shop said that the reg was in unbelievably great shape (except for a problem in the first stage that caused the bleed). Also, I've noticed that when I roll onto my back, breathing gets a little harder. Anyone, might this be an adjustment problem?
My buddy & I have shared air @ 60" with it, & though it kept us alive, I could tell if we inhaled at the same time. No such problems with her Maximus @ 100'.
This being said, I think it is a pretty good reg, & I tend to be overly critical, so don't let what I've said send you running for cover, it beats the PANTS off of the Sherwood Magnum I used to rent.
I'm trying to set up some diving for this weekend, & my buddy promises she'll FINALLY let me try her Maximus for a dive or two. I'll let you know my impressions if you're interested:)
Stay wet

I love mine. No problems at 105 fsw. I also used the genesis side kick octo on a Seaquest Pro + QD and liked the low profile, and ability to disconnect either to use on any BCD, or should a free flow problem occur at he inflate button. I also used an apollo bio-filter for humidity control. I was very, very pleased. Though inexperienced (re-newed OW this summer, previous dives in 1982), I can't imagine a better breathing reg. No company affiliation here, just a happy diver.

scubafool once bubbled...
I've had my GS2000 about one year. I've got to agree with Talon that the switch is a little confusing. Other manufacturers seem to be able to manufacture good, easy-breathing regs without it.

The switch isn't for making it easier or stiffer to breath off of as much as it is a convenience to help avoid free-flows when it's not in your mouth.

I agree that it's a bit of an unneccessary feature, as the reg breaths great without it, but then again as with any 'feature' it's just an added nice thing to have.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom