Genisis React Pro - Comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJ1

Contributor
Reaction score
My lds has one on sale..... I've been looking for a computer - but can't really find any user reviews of this model. Lots of sites show the features of it.....it seems like it's what I want....

Any comments or reviews? What else should I be looking at for competing models?

Thanks!

They're neat, they work fine. I'm not a fan of the hockey puck style computers all that much since they're very bulky when wrist mounted, though.

JJ1:
My lds has one on sale..... I've been looking for a computer - but can't really find any user reviews of this model. Lots of sites show the features of it.....it seems like it's what I want....

Any comments or reviews? What else should I be looking at for competing models?

Thanks!
This will sound silly, but if the computer looks like another one, it is probably the same. It’s been a few years since I’ve been in the loop, but there are very few true manufacturers out there and most buy from another. For example "Pelagic" is "owned" by Oceanic, and they make computers for many of the big companies. I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure the react pro is one made by Pelagic. The cosmetics are just different. The react pro is a fine computer. I always prefer one with "nitrogen bars" so you can see how you are doing. This allows you to stay conservative if you are not doing planned deco dives with software. The only draw back is it's buttons. This is a failure point. But I would rather have a computer I like with buttons as compared to having one I didn't like. So get the one with the best price as long as it is a "sister" unit to another, i.e. nitrox, same depth rating, "bells and whistles", etc.

Thanks for the quick replies fella's!

for future refrence if anyone catches this thread while searching the Pelagic group
makes most of the computers sold under the following names
Aeris (all models)
Aqua-Lung/US Divers (US models only)
Dacor (US models only)
Genesis (all models)
Oceanic (all models)
Sherwood (all models)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom