Genoa, Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a chance to go diving in Genoa Italy this November. Does anyone have any experience with this area & local dive charters?

The nearby reserve of Portofino is worth a visit. There are several centres in Genoa that go there and will happily take tourists, rent kit and the like. Dives vary but mostly are easy enough and ok for newish divers. Area Marina Protetta Portofino

Don't expect Italian dive centres to reply to email, they just don't and English may not be spoken, so phone up anywhere you find on the internet before going.

Chris

Hi, if you want to dive from Genoa you can choose among many diving shops and go to Portofino Park for fishes or wrecks. I don't have a diving center but if you need help I can try to support you.

ciao, Marco

I was in Portofino about a month ago. What a beautiful place! The water is so clear. Although I didn't do any diving it was still very nice. We were scheduled to dive in Portoferraio but conditions did not allow for it. I was told the water temp was around 56f :11: They were diving the week before with 5 mil wetsuits and I was wishing I had my dry suit:D. I was on a cruise so I didn't go to any dive shops.

Butch

I have to agree about the dry suit. My French friends used to make fun of me and my dry suit untill they tried one. The med sea. is like S. Cal diving you can do it with a wet suit but a dry is so much nicer.

Hi!
I agree with all of the above Portofino is very nice. I dove there last year and had a wonderful expierence. You can get intouch with "Abyss" in Rappello which is south of Genoa, on the highway it's only 20 minutes away by car. There's an dive to an undersea statue of Christ, and to the PInicle. If you have more time and would like to travel the area don't miss Chinqa Terra. The temp of the water should be about in the mid to low 20'sC full 5mm wet suit should be enough. In my part of lake med. now is the best diving conditions and the sea is mid 20'sC. Just enjoy!!!!
Rauven

I have only the one day to dive and am booked in with a company in Portofino. Drysuit & BC are packed (can't believe I am really going to haul it across the atlantic! but its what I would dive at home).

I'd have to admit to being a bit excited!!

PS - dive shop has just reported that the water is 18C. same as S. Ont in late summer.

Andrew
Most of porviders us the same dive sites so you'll most likely see the same places. Enjoy yourself Italy is a real fun place my wife and I have been there on 3 vacations. If you have time in Portofino try and take the walk to the light house its a short but neat walk.
Take care
R

Back
Top Bottom