Georgia Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for allowing me to participate in this event and represent! I am so lucky to have found y'all and it is my pleasure to introduce more divers to the SCUBABOARD family! I can't wait for the next event and hope to have the time off available to help again! I am truly blessed to know all of you!

The walking SCUBABOARD BILLBOARD!
Carolyn:sharks:

Last edited:
Excellent times had by all. Great to meet you Pete, Bill, Carolyn, Hoss, Scott and more.

Looking forward for the Next one.

I drove home last night and just got to work....

Thanks to all of you who stopped by, hung out, told stories and shared your candy.

ScubaBoard has some excellent people on it, and I am glad to have met many.

(Except that old guy who talked funny and wore some sort of tourist shirt....what's up with THAT guy??? His wife sure seemed nice enough though...)

:wink:

It was a great show/weekend!

The volunteers were a HUGE help (made us the best both)! Thanks to all

We took over 150 photos and have a few loaded (View Gallery), hope to have the rest loaded soon...

Not that many manufacturers there.... just a handful. (mares, Oxycheck, atomics, DUI, Whites)

I kinda expected more manufacturers.

seems like mostly 'travel vendors' (too many to list) and trinkets...

Still i'm glad they are having it as there are no dive shows in this geographic region. So something is better than nothing.

EDIT: I'd still like to see this show earlier in the year. water is warm and inviting people to go out diving this weekend in May. I think show attendence would be up if it was earlier in the year.

The problem with dates for these shows is that there are already a lot of other shows around the country, and many of us go to a lot of them. The Houston show is January, Our World Underwater is Feb. Beneath the Sea in March, there are shows in Columbus, two in Florida, one in Long Beach, two in Boston, another in Washington state, and Washington DC. I am sure I have skipped a few and that does not include DEMA and foreign shows like Antibes, France. Since local diving is smaller in Atlanta than it is in places like California and Florida, competition with diving may not be as big an issue there as it could be elsewhere. It is a new show, and I am sure that with feedback like yours, it will improve each year. Obviously, these shows are not big money makers, and often are run with a lot of volunteer labor and shoe strings.

Anyway, we had a good time, even though the crowd was not huge. Keep the ideas coming. I am not involved with the planning, but I forward it along to the people at Dive Chronicles who are.

I got all the photos loaded (150+), here is a sample

If you have any comments (good or bad) specifically about ScubaBoard's presence (booth or people) please send them to me in a PM. We're always trying to improve.

I was planning on attending. My recovery from foot surgery got in the way. I'm sorry I missed out. I'd been planning to attend for several months. Looks like y'all had a good time. I'll see you there next year.

Back
Top Bottom