Get hood same thickness as wetsuit's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold season in Florida? what is cold for Florida? California you can expect 50's at depth year round. I've seen 40's without too much trouble. The 60's are at the surface.
i'm talking 65 on the surface (tho definitely no this year were still in 90s lol) and like 50s at 75ft, at least from my experience... <TG>
:smalllogo:

Hi @rnln

Another option is to go with a hooded vest rather than a hood. I have a 5/3 mm hooded vest and wear it with my 3, 5, or 7 mm full suit depending on the water temp. I take it with me on all dives, even if I don't expect to need it. I can always add it if I'm a bit colder than I would have thought. I I find that the hooded vest adds considerably more warmth than a hood. Besides having another 3 mm on your trunk, I believe it helps with any water intrusion.from around the neck or the zipper

Hi @rnln

Another option is to go with a hooded vest rather than a hood. I have a 5/3 mm hooded vest and wear it with my 3, 5, or 7 mm full suit depending on the water temp. I take it with me on all dives, even if I don't expect to need it. I can always add it if I'm a bit colder than I would have thought. I I find that the hooded vest adds considerably more warmth than a hood. Besides having another 3 mm on your trunk, I believe it helps with any water intrusion.from around the neck or the zipper
Good advice in general, but the OP clarified that his 5mm has a built-in hood. That's why I suggested layering with a shorty upthread.

Back
Top Bottom