Getting Advanced Cert in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmfleser

New
Reaction score
We're going to be heading down to Cancun in April and my daughter would like to get her Advanced certification. Has anyone done that through any of the Cancun dive operators? Good experiences, bad experiences, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, are the statues off Isla Majueres? Has anyone dove them?

Thanks,

Joan

I agree. I did my initial training with Ben. My son and daughter were trained by him and my son did his advanced certification. That's who I have to do training for my family. Also, warm water and great viz makes the experience much more pleasant! :D

Also, I've dove Manchones many times. The cross on the reef, I never get tired of that drift dive...but chat Ben or Jorge up. You will not be disappointed with these guys. Not only are the great divers, but very cool to hang out with apres dive.

I just got back from a trip to Cancun & Isla Mujeres on Jan 8, 2011...

I can't say enough great things about Miguel at DivePro in Cancun! He did lessons for my 8-year-old son, and took me for my first wreck dive the next day. He is very professional, friendly, fun, meticulous about details, and a fully certified instructor with PADI, SSI, and SDI. You can contact him by e-mail through his website: Cancun Diving, divepro Cancun Diving, Home He has information on his website about the underwater museum & the statues.

On Isla Mujeres, a great dive outfit is Enrique's Unique Dives. You can find Enrique about a 1\2 block north of the ferry dock, at a little restaurant called La Tigrena. Or you can e-mail him through his website: Diving Isla Mujeres - Cancun, Diving Cancun, Diving Quintana Roo Mexico, scuba Isla Mujeres, diving Isla Mujeres, spear fishing, whale shark, adventures,cancun scuba diving, cancun diving, scuba diving cancun, diving cancun, scuba diving, cancun, div

PM me if you want more information... or want to see pictures!!!

Lisse :)

+1 For Scorpio Divers

He has a very loyal fan base here on scubaboard. They pick you up from your hotel in a nice full size van and drop you back at the hotel after your dive. The DM Jorge and the van driver are great guys. You are treated fantastically through the whole dive. This is no cattle boat operation. You leave feeling like a friend.

PM him here on scubaboard ScubaBoard - View Profile: ben@scorpiodivers.com

You'll find that ScorpioDivers have a huge fan club here. By all accounts, Ben & Jorge are fantastic to dive with.

I'd put Alvaro from AlwaysDiving in that same category. My wife and I did a resort course with him one year, and have followed that with OW and AOW certs. He's a great guy and a fabulous instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom