Getting back and moving forward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johncmi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am getting back into diving after a few years off, and I am looking for a good instructor for advanced. Panama City is first choice, Atlanta second (hate quarries - burrr). Any recommendations appreciated.

I am getting back into diving after a few years off, and I am looking for a good instructor for advanced. Panama City is first choice, Atlanta second (hate quarries - burrr). Any recommendations appreciated.
Emerald Coast Scuba in Destin. I took several courses there years ago, have patronized them often, and have heard and read good things as well.

I used Diver's Den in PCB for my OW and Rescue certs. The only reason I didn't use them for my AOW was that it was part of a guys' trip to Key West.

IMO the only option for me in PC would be Panama City Divers. I have always used them for charters and checkout dives. I've seen some of their instructors in action and was very impressed. You can't go wrong with them but once again thats my opinion. I do know of one other private instructor in PC that is extremely thorough however his prices are a little higher then you will find at a dive shop. With him you are paying for all of the time he spends with you to make sure you're the best diver you can be. There are some good shops in the ATL area. If you want to PM me I can make some recommendations. Good luck!

I did my AOW in Pensacola with Jason Painter. I was very happy with him and the location, except for the fact that the weather kept not cooperating so we had to swap things around a few times, I found the class to be very good.

I'm getting ready to do some classes through Dive Georgia locally... Kraken isn't my favorite dive spot but I think the courses will be valuable and the experience in different types of waters will (I hope) also help expand my knowledge/skills as a diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom