Getting Back Into Diving--SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwalsh787

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi There,

My name is Mike Walsh. I am just getting back into diving after finishing up graduate school. Just returned from Grand Cayman where I spent the week re-discovering what I love about diving. I am interested in finding some ways to keep diving here at home. Would be interested to chat with anyone sharing similar interests!

Mike

Hello Mike.

I live in Charleston SC. I dive offshore Charleston, the Cooper River SC, Murrels Inlet SC, offshore North Myrtle Beach SC, Wilmington NC, Morehead City NC, and Beaufort NC.

I also dive southeastern Florida from Jupiter to Key West.

I think there is a good bit of diving being done in our little corner of the world.

Always happy to share information on dive boats and dive sites.

Welcome Aboard :happywave:

Lee,

Thanks for your contact! It is good to hear from someone who does some local (and near-local) diving. I would love to hear more about dive boats and operations here and in Florida. I have a good bit of family down in FL, so I am always up for a ride:)

I have a friend who lives near Coosawhatchie on the river and she hunts for shark's teeth in the river regularly, although she does it at low tide without dive gear. Most of my dives have been in clear, warm water, but I am interested in learning more about river diving as well. I very much like natural and world history and artifact hunting appeals to me.

As I mentioned, I am just now getting back in touch with diving after some time off. I spent last week diving a good bit and realized how much I missed it. I am trying to find a way to fit diving into life here as well.

Looking forward to chatting a bit more with you!

Bowlofpetunias...thanks for the nice welcome!

Mike

you might want to check out sea island divers, the owner there does alot of local diving and can probably set you up with some local buddies. there is also a dive club set up in bluffton, i think you could definently find someone there to go diving with.

Hello Mike,

I typically dive May through September. I have pushed it into October and November before, but found I am not much of a cold water diver. Here is a link with some photos and video clips of the dive season 2010

ScubaBoard - Photos / Videos / Scuba Diving Southeast USA and Florida / 2010

Had a fun season. Had a few bouncy boat rides. Had a few rainstorms. Lost some gear. Forgot some gear. Bought some gear. Met a LOT of interesting people along the way.

you might want to check out sea island divers, the owner there does alot of local diving and can probably set you up with some local buddies. there is also a dive club set up in bluffton, i think you could definently find someone there to go diving with.
Hi,

Do you still dive around here? I moved to Spring Island (near Beaufort) and plan to dive the rivers nearby. I'm hoping to connect with a few folks to join me.

Thanks,
Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom