getting good service ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There have been a lot of threads about problems with getting service from different Scuba companies lately. Some companies have offered a "lifetime warranty" on their products but fail to follow through by making excuses for poor service or the lack of parts. In contrast there are several companies that have gone the "extra mile" to make things right. I think it's about time to thank those companies like Oceanic, Zeagle and others that have taken that step in providing good customer service. If you have a positive story about a service or warranty problem that was taken care of let us know. If you had a negitive experience about something you can't get fixed then let us know also.

As I know, Oceanic warranty lasts only two years.... at least for their computer....

Aqualung has a limited lifetime warranty with the pro-rated product replacement program.

I had a scubapro D400 for a couple of years that started leaking through the body of the 2nd stage. The tech at the shop couldn't get it to stop so he sent in to Scubapro. They replaced it with a brand new S600. Pretty nice.

Jibby

scuba pro , is awsome, i have had nothing but the best from them, and also, i know this isnt scuba gear , but if you count underwater photo gear, well...... ike-lite rocks, they have gone way beyond the call of duty for me!!!!!!

I'ved lived and work overseas for the last 5 years and now I'm headed home...again. In that time, I became a diver and bought my regulator from an authorized scubapro dealer. I paid much more here than I would have in Canada but scubapro won't honour the free parts for life warranty because it was purchased overseas.

After checking with a Canadian shop, I realized it's actually cheaper for me to send my reg back to korea once a year ($50 for 1st & 2nd stages and Octo) rather than accept the $200 service charge at a local shop in Ontario. I understand different locales and distributors and all that jazz but I may just go with Apex on my next purchase.

jiveturkey:
After checking with a Canadian shop, I realized it's actually cheaper for me to send my reg back to korea once a year ($50 for 1st & 2nd stages and Octo) rather than accept the $200 service charge at a local shop in Ontario. I understand different locales and distributors and all that jazz but I may just go with Apex on my next purchase.

Are you sure about that? The international shipping cost isn't cheap. You might had better try some internet tech store in U.S.

hoosier:
As I know, Oceanic warranty lasts only two years.... at least for their computer....

Aqualung has a limited lifetime warranty with the pro-rated product replacement program.
OCEANIC offers a "Alliance Service Agreement" for regulators which offers free parts for as long as you own their product if purchased thru an "authorized" dealer and the product is inspected and serviced annually by them.

I've had good experiences with Scubapro and Ikelite.

My Classic NT BC developed a little leak on a seam, just a fizzer really. I took it in to the LDS, which sent it to Scubapro. Scubapro sent me a brand new Classic Plus to replace it.

I have an Ikelite DS-125 strobe plus an extra battery pack, which doesn't get used very often. I let the batteries run all the way down, which I now know you are not supposed to do. If you let the batteries fully discharge, they will not recharge properly. I explained my problem in an email to Ikelite. They replied promptly and said to send the strobe and batteries to them. I sent them in and got everything back in about a week working perfectly. There was no charge and my stuff was out of warranty. Kudos to Ikelite.

I have an Oceanic computer (not the latest model) and I was diving down in Key Largo, one of the dive capitals. I needed a replacement battery and the large scuba retailers there didn't have any as Oceanic already changed the battery types for their latest model. I finally got lucky at Radio Shack where they had the right battery even though the brand name was probably inferior. It just amazes me how Oceanic failed to keep one of the largest scuba stores at one of the key dive places stocked with parts for their products.

cleung:
I have an Oceanic computer (not the latest model) and I was diving down in Key Largo, one of the dive capitals. I needed a replacement battery and the large scuba retailers there didn't have any as Oceanic already changed the battery types for their latest model. I finally got lucky at Radio Shack where they had the right battery even though the brand name was probably inferior. It just amazes me how Oceanic failed to keep one of the largest scuba stores at one of the key dive places stocked with parts for their products.

There is not a computer we ever made that we don't provide batteries for. Very few large dive stores actually purchase batteries from us, they prefer to purchase elsewhere in bulk getting a better price(we don't make batteries so while having a good price for our dealers can't meet the bulk buy prices). We also don't send stuff to our dealers unless they order the product, that includes batteries!:D

One thing you do get(and dealers) when they purchase batteries from us is a replacement oring and new stainless screws where appropriate which greatly reduce likelihood of flooding when replaced at the same time as the battery.

I'll tell you what, PM me your address and what computer you have and we'll send you a battery kit to somewhat make up for the wasted time and frustration.

Best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom