getting good service ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:14:
jiveturkey:
I'ved lived and work overseas for the last 5 years and now I'm headed home...again. In that time, I became a diver and bought my regulator from an authorized scubapro dealer. I paid much more here than I would have in Canada but scubapro won't honour the free parts for life warranty because it was purchased overseas.

After checking with a Canadian shop, I realized it's actually cheaper for me to send my reg back to korea once a year ($50 for 1st & 2nd stages and Octo) rather than accept the $200 service charge at a local shop in Ontario. I understand different locales and distributors and all that jazz but I may just go with Apex on my next purchase.

$200 OMG!!!!

has anybody had experience with aeris? my computer/consol and BCD is from them... havent had anyproblems yet but I wanna know what there service is like incase something happens.

Dan Dan the Scuba Man:
has anybody had experience with aeris? my computer/consol and BCD is from them... havent had anyproblems yet but I wanna know what there service is like incase something happens.

Look in the Oceanic and Aeris forums(sister companies), you'll find what you are looking for.

Best,

Chris

I was having trouble with a well known "internet" dive shop that backorder an "advertised special" on a regulator for 6 weeks and then sent me a notice that they couldn't get it because it was backordered and the company didn't have any in stock. They had already charged my charge card and wanted to know if I wanted a refund or pay extra for an better regulator. I PM Phil Mintz at Mares (since it was one of his products they were advertising) and told him about the problem and sent a copy to the shop. I GOT MY REGULATOR IN 2 DAYS and the shop paided FED EX OVERNIGHT without any additional cost to me ........

AquaLung and Apeks have a life time warranty as long as you are the original owner and have been keeping up with the annual service. They bend over backwards if you can prove that.

I have had great success with ScubaPro and Ikelite as mentioned above. But I am becoming a fan of DiveRite. They seem to produce no nonsense dive gear that makes sense.

Jeff

osuschreck:
AquaLung and Apeks have a life time warranty as long as you are the original owner and have been keeping up with the annual service. They bend over backwards if you can prove that.
The same could have been said about the Dacor lifetime warranty up to a few years ago ..... now most of there pre 2000 products are paperweights due to lack of service. We (the customers) "bent over backwords" to support the brand and we got a nasty surprised ........ no more parts !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom