Getting out of wrist seals - any tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at a DUI rally last year, and they were using a spray bottle with a light soapy water solution. Seemed to work well.

I've tried soap, talc, and KY. Nothing works as well as KY, I use it for both donning and doffing.

Ralph

Once the dryzip is undone use the opposite hand to roll down the arm from the elbow so it forms a fold just above the wrist, now pull the fold so the seal goes inside out as it comes of over your hand. the arm section of the suit will be half inside out, don't allow the arm to go completly inside out as this will damage the zipper, now pull the insideout bit out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :11:

I,ve just re-read this, it makes sense to me

I also agree on the lube; we used to use plain old hand lotion, non allergenic (no perfume) variety. I don't know if I'd recommend that on the light weight sportie seals, but it works great on the Viking cuffs.
Aloe Vera gel if you're shy about the KY.

Things get dicey when ya start sticking fingers inside the cuffs, always use at least 2 fingers, makes it harder for one of those "OH S***" events to happen.

By the way, some soaps are downright nasty to latex. If you get a strong detergent on latex & don't rinse it completely off, your cuffs can turn to paste in under a month.

If its neoprene baby oil works. If its latex, liberal quantities of talc.

One thing to remember: many people use their seals WAY too tight. Check to make sure they are not. If so, trim them a little. You would be surprised at how easy they come off. I also use KY on occasion, but not all the time. Most of the times, I use nothing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom