Getting OW certified in England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRM

Reaction score
I have a friend who lives near Oakham (north of London) who wants to become a diver. Can anyone recommend a club that he can contact for training?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Hi Mike
Don't know how useful this is but I recently trained with London Scuba (www.londonscuba.com). They do a 2 day weekend PADI OW course and they seemed like a good bunch and good trainers. Oakham is a fair way north of London though so it might involve a weekend away. They are based in the City right by St Pauls so your friend may appreciate a combined sightseeing trip. :10:
Richard

Hi , try giving your mate directions to any of the many airports in England, get his butt out here to Mexico where I live and there are dive centers coming out of your ears and a much better place to train than back home!!!!!!!!! I went from ow diver to dive master back home and dont regret that for one mo, but this place is great!
have fun :10:

I have to agree with Niko.......... and to be unbiased about Mexico, it is probably cheaper to fly to Sharm, drive to Dahab and spent a week training in the Red Sea than doing an Open water course at home in "Naff Quarry" or "Booring Bay.

Thanks for the great suggestions. The London Scuba (he occasionally gets to London on business or on weekends) or Leicester/Peterborough dive centers will probably prove to be the most practical. I'm trying to get him ready for a trip to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in October, so we're already planning on coming your way NIKO and Cancun Mark.

MRM:
Thanks for the great suggestions. The London Scuba (he occasionally gets to London on business or on weekends) or Leicester/Peterborough dive centers will probably prove to be the most practical. I'm trying to get him ready for a trip to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in October, so we're already planning on coming your way NIKO and Cancun Mark.

Wraysbury School is a great place ot learn as they have their own lake! Check out www.learntodive.co.uk

cancun mark:
I have to agree with Niko.......... and to be unbiased about Mexico, it is probably cheaper to fly to Sharm, drive to Dahab and spent a week training in the Red Sea than doing an Open water course at home in "Naff Quarry" or "Booring Bay.
hi all
i did my ow in sharm and it was the best place i have ever been to the palce is fantastic the dive schools are as good as eachother but the camel bar is the best place there is out there

hi all
i did my ow in sharm and it was the best place i have ever been to the palce is fantastic the dive schools are as good as eachother but the camel bar is the best place there is out there

MRM:
Thanks for the great suggestions. The London Scuba (he occasionally gets to London on business or on weekends) or Leicester/Peterborough dive centers will probably prove to be the most practical.

Don't know where Oakham is but if he is near Leicester then your best bet is probably Stony Cove.

I would recommend he learns in the UK then diving on holiday is really a holiday. I did my OW and AOW in the UK (Wraysbury and Portland) then went to Sharm and had a blast.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom