Getting some new kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you also going to ask about short / long house configuration now you have your over priced regs?

When are you starting a thread about a knife? You know real dives like a zombie knife strapped to their calf.

Oh and we need another thread about din vs yoke whilst you at it
Can we have one about a PONY -- piss off not yours -- cylinder! Especially one behind your head with no SPG and bungeed hose.

Two comments -
1) If you plan to go to the Red Sea then don't bother with split fins - they won't handle the sudden unexpected currents that can occur there.
2) What the hell is a snorkel?

Are you also going to ask about short / long house configuration now you have your over priced regs?

When are you starting a thread about a knife? You know real dives like a zombie knife strapped to their calf.

I'd never use long hoses.
Because of the longer length, they have greater volume compared to short hoses, meaning they hold more gas. This means that with longer hoses, your air supply won't last as long, which could result in nitrogen narcosis.

Because of the longer length, they have greater volume compared to short hoses, meaning they hold more gas. This means that with longer hoses, your air supply won't last as long, which could result in nitrogen narcosis.
you got that wrong, the longer hose means you need to suck more to get the air through as it’s a longer distance. so you use more air, it takes more energy and you Co2 load your toe nails

Thanks for the advice on my thread about regs.
I've decided to go with the Apeks MTX-R.
Expensive but I don't want to go cheap on safety critical equipment.

Need to get myself a new mask, snorkel and fin set.

I've read this:

And I'm thinking either the Tusa split-blade Xpert or the Scubapro twin jet max.

I dived with somebody else's split blades 2 weeks ago and they were so comfortable I felt like a fish 🐟

Thinking about doing some diving on my own this season just to consolidate my learning and gain experience for my DM.
Can't wait for the season to start 🤿
Mask, fins and snorkel are such personal choice it really doesn't matter. You'll be replacing them after a few years anyway.

What bag/box you going to carry all your kit in?

If you plan to dive in warmer waters will your fins fit the booties you'll be waring?

Although I don't use the long hose configuration your reason for not doing it made me smile (having studied fluid dynamics).

Finally, what knife are you going to carry?

I hope everyone realizes this thread has been moved to the humor forum. This post is pure nonsense, of course.

Mask, fins and snorkel are such personal choice it really doesn't matter. You'll be replacing them after a few years anyway.

What bag/box you going to carry all your kit in?

If you plan to dive in warmer waters will your fins fit the booties you'll be waring?

Although I don't use the long hose configuration your reason for not doing it made me smile (having studied fluid dynamics).

Finally, what knife are you going to carry?
I haven't thought about a bag yet tbh.

I'm diving practically entirely in the UK but I always buy fins a size too big to account for expansion due to heat in the Summer, so all good 👍

Knife.
I want something aggressive looking so my students respect me as a DM.
What would you recommend?

FYI split fins are a wind-up -- someone's taking the piss as it were -- they're floppy and poor for all proper finning techniques, hence often chosen by people with poor skills.
I don't know why there is so much hate on split fins on scubaboard. There are good fins for some divers. They're designed for a low resistance flutter kick and they do what they're supposed to.

Saying they are for people with poor skills is pretty silly.

I don't know why there is so much hate on split fins on scubaboard. There are good fins for some divers. They're designed for a low resistance flutter kick and they do what they're supposed to.

Saying they are for people with poor skills is pretty silly.
That's right.
They're realistically for people with more skill because they're effectively using 4 fins, not 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom