Getting Started

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pylut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got certified in Oct. with my daughter who needed it for her IR&R program in college. Always thought it would be fun to learn scuba diving and finally got around to taking the classes. Didn't realize how addicting it would be. I am excited to learn new skills and try different dives. To date I've dove in Nassau Bahamas and Puerto Vallarta Mexico. I've taken the plunge and purchased my own equipment. Hoping to dive with other people while on road trips and maybe keep the cost down by doing some shore diving. Hope to dive with you soon.
Marc

Welcome to the board and to a very addicting sport :) Take a look around and enjoy!

Welcome to the board!

Welcome Pylut, be careful about telling outsiders about our addiction, someone will declare it illegal and outlaw diving. Nebraska, this time of year will probably be a hard to find dive partners, but you will find them during the summer months. Local diving in many freshwater lakes can be fun.

Use "forums" button at the top of each page to scroll down a long list of specific topics. Far down that list is a topic for Regional travel. . . United States. . . Midwest Muck Divers. This is the home for a lot of divers during the warm months and some messages from people willing to dive under the ice (very few). Do a search under the Muck Divers, and change the search to six months or 1 year past. Your local dive shop may be able to suggest local lakes, and you can search by that lake name. Here in the Midwest we have to travel greater distance but we can still find good diving.

Thanks for the great ideas. Our local Dive shop puts together some trips to Missouri and South Dakota that are four day trips we want to do. Come spring there will be more opportunity to look for areas close to home. For now I will try to find hookup with people in warmer climates while out on trips.

Hi welcome it must of been great getting your cert with your daughter.
I cant wait for my two guppies to be old enough to join me in the great expanse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom