Getting your buddies attention while underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just stretch my arm and touch him. Where I usually dive, a 10-15 ft viz is normal. If you get 30 feet, it's heaven so I was trained to buddy dive and to always stay at an arms length of my buddy. I tend to carry that habit in tropical destination as well (even in 100ft viz.) so getting attention is never a problem.

NWBoiler:
Just curious as to what is everyones preferred method of getting your buddies attention during a dive??
You're in the Seattle area ... get a good dive light. Light signals are a very effective method of communication when diving here.

Let's go diving sometime ... I'll give you a few tips that'll come in handy.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Jerk up his shortie and give him a big wedgie. :)

I reach out and touch him. In the rare instance where he isn't in reaching range and I've found something cool I don't want to disturb by moving, I'll lightly rattle my H2Yo to get his attention. I don't do that often since there's nothing more annoying than someone who is always rattling or tank banging. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom