Giant Stride in Doubles: Feel much different from single rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More weight/faster velocity?

Newton wants his apple back. :wink:

More weight, same velocity = More momentum.
However more lift = more buoyant force counter-acting that momentum.

I certainly haven't noticed any differences.

Scubakevdm:
No. Getting off the bench is harder though!

:rofl3:

I feel no difference going off the boat. I feel the difference more climbing the ladder...especially on days where there are pretty substantial swells.

U R GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!! Don't do it. The human body wasn't made to take such stresses.

Actually, shouldn't be a problem. I have done giant strides with set of doubles and 2 40l deco bottles. Did that one from 5-7 feet from the surface. No problem at all. There was one girl on the boat that did stumble a little from the bench. Not pretty face planting, losing her mask and pushing water up her nose.

Ok, I knew the 70lb. wing would bring comments. Been there done that. :)
It's seen plenty of use otherwise (than the giant stride) and it's been no problem.
Gonna go make a hole in the ocean!

Hey I use a 65lbs. wing with lp85's and love it.....the 'hole' you leave in the water surface is no bigger than anyone elses. :wink:

As to doing a giant stride with doubles---piece of cake, some good pointers from divers above.

Have fun and be safe!

I find doubles more stable than a single with a slung 40. That goes for walking, entries & exits.

Of course, YMMV. :)

I dive with HP100 doubles in Canada and love em. I also have 12L doubles in Sweden and still don't feel as comfortable with them. Both sets are interesting crawling up a boat ladder in waves (build up the legs muscles) :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom