Gilboa 11/24/02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
Gilboa 11/24/02.........were any of you divers there??
A few of the members from our dive club here went and couldn't believe the snow on the ground. It's kind of funny going from Canada with no snow and drive a couple of hours south to the snow:D

The platforms at Gilboa were icy and there was ice falling from the trees. Most of us dove wetsuits and there was some bite to the water. We had only one free flow at a 126 feet/45 degrees with a Scubapro S600 first stage, but the free flow stopped and no problem after that. I managed to get down to 92 feet and stayed for about 30 seconds and that was enough for me...BRRRRRRRRRRR. We did most of the rest of the dives at 35-60 feet which was still only 45 degrees. Over all quite a few divers and many Candians showed up. Might have to do another before the year is up.:wink:

Rooster1 once bubbled...
Gilboa 11/24/02.........were any of you divers there??
A few of the members from our dive club here went and couldn't believe the snow on the ground. It's kind of funny going from Canada with no snow and drive a couple of hours south to the snow:D

The platforms at Gilboa were icy and there was ice falling from the trees. Most of us dove wetsuits and there was some bite to the water. We had only one free flow at a 126 feet/45 degrees with a Scubapro S600 first stage, but the free flow stopped and no problem after that. I managed to get down to 92 feet and stayed for about 30 seconds and that was enough for me...BRRRRRRRRRRR. We did most of the rest of the dives at 35-60 feet which was still only 45 degrees. Over all quite a few divers and many Candians showed up. Might have to do another before the year is up.:wink:

I was there on Saturday 11/23... It was quiet until the ice started falling on our heads out of the water, and the divers started crashing down on us in the water. We got some assistance with taskloading while doing our drills. :)

Sorry to say I missed it. I am hoping to get back up there soon and I hope you both will be able to meet us when we do.

Chad

We're going to be there the weekend of the seventh.

The seventh ugh....I might have to see if I can make it.

Chad

Good evening,
I'll be there on the 7th as well.... I'll be there with Mike F. and looking forward to it. Finally get to try out the Halcyon / BP setup from Mike and Sandy's shop.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

dcostanza,

Enjoy the dive. I just found out I can't make that weekend but I met Mr. and Mrs. F a couple of weeks ago and they are great people.

Get Mike to climb on the table and show you those kicks...he loves that, there are even pictures.

Have a great dive.

Chad

Are you guys nuts....who in the world would do such a thing in OH? That's ridiculus....alright...you're right, I would go too....there is only one problem.....I'm jealous, our company X-mas party is that Sat, and I am playing Santa for all the kiddies. Altough I will be thinking about you guys.....

Big T...you as Santa....I can see it...
Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom