Gilboa, OH Water temps May 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know what the water temp(s). are at Gilboa?

Donny:

Three weeks ago, it was in the low 50's on the surface. At 64', it was 41. I didn't go deeper than that. I doubt it has warmed up much since then. We had a few people diving w/ 7 mil Farmer Johns and they said they were comfortable. Most were diving dry, though.

John

Yup I was diving in my 7mil and was pretty comfertable, just couldnt stay long down at the 41 mark. This chart is pretty spot on with the average temps that you might see at Gilboa along with their depth.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to GLWC...

Thanks for the update. I figured it would be a bit lower than normal, but wasn't sure how much cooler.

I did 5 dives last weekend in 7 mm and was comfortable. Never shivering, except on the surface intervals in the shade. Two weeks ago it was a little bit colder, but was also fine.

Donny and I were there last weekend as well. We camped near the turn around. We're looking to go back 30-May for the DUI Demo Days. Let me know if you can make it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom