Gilboa Quarry water temps next weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billinwilliamston

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

My bride and I are normally Caribbean divers and, quite frankly, I'm not a lover of cold water. That being said, we're planning on a trip down to Gilboa Quarry next weekend (May 5 & 6). Any educated guess on what the water temps will be in the shallower parts of the Quarry? We're not going to get dry suit certified in the next week, so it will be lots of neoprene or watch from shore.

Thanks.

I'd guess around 50 degrees, a few degrees above or below at most. A large group was there last weekend. I wasn't able to make it due to a sinus infection. Anyone care to chime in on the actual current temps?

I wore a Solafx 8 mil wetsuit with lavacore.

Sunday the temp was 44 degrees at 38 feet. The temp at 31 feet was 49 degrees.

My Oceanic computer only shows the minimum temp. And always seems to be 2 degrees lower than my buds'.

A dive bud said a couple weeks ago that the surface temp was 56 degrees. Very possible.

There is a thermocline at 20 feet.

I avoided the tubes. Had 2 enjoyable dives lasting 20-30 mins max.

Have fun!

Went diving last weekend in 51 deg water and a 7mm suit. Duck tape your boots to the suit then pour hot water down neck in the front. It prewarms the suit and the duck tape prevents fluid transfer. It ends up being really comfortable

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom