Gilboa w/ brand new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My girlfriend and I are leaving to go to Cozumel on the 21st of August. She has just recently finished her open-water certifications and I thought this would be an awesome reward since I'm constantly looking for a consistent dive buddy. I was wondering if y'all thought it would be a good idea to take her to "fine tune" some skills at Gilboa (def in the shallow end) before we flew off to Cozumel. Any tips or ideas?? Anything would be great!! Thanks!

-DJ

Gilboa is a great beginner dive site. It is best if you can dive it during the week. Vis gets real poor duriing the weekends. Burt it does in all the ohio quarries. Gilboa has big platforms and lots of stuff to see. Also all the stuff is tied together so it makes nav a breeze.

the more bottom time she gets here, the more confidence she'll have in Cozumel. Gilboa's a great place to take her.

Originally posted by Roooter
the more bottom time she gets here, the more confidence she'll have in Cozumel. Gilboa's a great place to take her.

Absolutely! If she can execute in Gilboa, Cozumel will be a easy.

...'Course she may never want to return to Gilboa.

Have fun in Cozumel! I finished my OW dives and practiced in the quarry about 4 times, then on to Cozumel! Your girlfriend will love it! I swear I noticed improvement and confidence building every day I was there. Now, it is back to quarries until our next warm water vacation. Have fun!
Diana

Take her to Whitestar Lake, South of Gibsonburg on Route 300. About 1 hour East of Gilboa. A lot more user friendly for new divers.
Bob Hines NAUI Instructor Trainer
WWW.NORTHERNOHIODIVING.COM

I just received a post that they are currently having an outbreak of Denge Fever, ( carired by mosquitos) in Cancun. Check before going.

Bob, thanks for the advice. Actually, I think I sent your shop and email or phone call in the last couple of days. I was wondering if I could get some details on your rescue diver cousre - like when it's offered and thinks of that nature. I'm dieing to get it in before Ohio State starts back up for the fall quarter. Thanks in advance!!

Bob, I will be in Cozumel from August 21 - August 27. Would this hinder my ability to complete the course? I'm sure I would miss a lecture. Also, when are the checkout dives. I would really love to take your course. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom