Gimougerous Stingray!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spongebobscubasteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So, we head off on an early dive on Saturday morning. All is going really well, great weather, in high spirits.
We have our cylenders filled at Scubashack, get told conditions are capital.

We hit the water, viz was decent, water warm all in all really good dive.

We do a swim through, really pretty coral etc. The next thing, BF gives me the danger signal and bollocks off in the other direction. I follow much perplexed as I saw nothing.

We surface a few meters away and he tells me all that fuss was about a stingray. I laughed and wanted to see it, it was HUGE, about a 2 meter wingspan and about 3 meters long. Its pin thing was probably 40 cm long!

It was really beautiful though. So my poor BF is getting ribbed to death about his fear of stingrays, or course he says if Steve Irwin had not died from an attack then he would not have "run".

wow , wish i could have seen it . Dander sign ??? i dont think my buddy or I know that one. Probably shoud .

LMAO....what a pansy.

funny I thought the danger sign was the sudden green halo around the diver...

Wow that must have been a sight to see. (The stingray, I mean) I have seen a few bi ones, but that is huge.

TOM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom