Ginger works!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keralucu

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all - for those of you wondering about seasickness remedies and are nervous about taking chemicals that may make you drowsy (see my previous thread on dimenhydrenate) I just thought I'd tell you that I tried the ginger approach and it really worked well for me.

An hour and a half before we got on the boat I drank a cup of tea with lots of fresh ginger steeped in it and then chewed and ate several of the pieces - a bit spicy but do-able - and I experienced no motion sickness at all. I don't know whether that would work for everyone but it's definitely something I'll be doing from now on.

Cheers

I too can attest to how well Ginger works. I recommend it to squeemish students all the time, and honestly it does work most of the time.

But if ever, Ginger fails you, I'll be glad to hold your hair back! =-x

*blush again*.... Why Mario... :) (You would have to help me with the hair coz it's very long... thinking about lopping it off as it gets in the way too much when I'm diving!)

However, as ginger does seem to work... maybe some other time? :p

Back
Top Bottom