Ginnie Springs Campground

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireInMyBones

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going for my Cavern training with Johnny Richards in late April. I am considering staying at the Ginnie Springs Campground with a buddy in a tent and expedition hammock.

Does anyone have any experience staying there?

Are the bugs bad in April/ May?

Local restaurants close by?

Tips?

I appreciate any and all comments that help or even stories about the campground to give me a good feel of what to expect.:popcorn:

Its loud and rednecks are crazy there.

Yes

Yes, and even some good ones in Alachua

The restraunts usually expect them :p Amigo's Dive Center has 24 hour fill service.

For an extra $10-$15 you can get a motel room in High Springs. No bugs, no drunk rednecks and A/C. Check out the High Springs Country Inn or the Cadillac motel.

We try to get down that way at least once a month, always stay in a hennessy expedition hammock at the site. Just be sure to try and get away from the main road back in the woods. It wont be nearly as bad as if you were going in the middle of the summer.

I heard a story once of a woman and her little girl getting their tent run over there by a drunk driver.

I do know it is one of the only state parks in FLA. that allows open containers!
See you topside! John

ginnie's privately owned. not a state park. but they do allow you to booze it up

no glass bottles though :(

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom