Ginnie Springs Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JEScholz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I know this is not a "Great Lakes" location, but I thought the Wrecking Crew would appreciate a dive report. This was my first trip to Ginnie Springs and all I can say is"

"WOW!!!:11: This ain't Gilboa!"

Attachments

• 20250009.jpg
    20250009.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 20240021.jpg
    20240021.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20250005.jpg
    20250005.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 75
  • 20250015.jpg
    20250015.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 56
I'm new on here but where is Ginnie Spings at, Water looks very clear. also I notice your from SW michigan. Nate

Ginnie Springs is in northern Florida near High Springs, just west of Gainsville

I was there in Nov 2000, I dove in the Ballroom and then met some cave divers, helped them carry their gear from their cars and asked them a bunch of questions they were cool about answering them. It was neat to see them dissapear into a tiny crack in the rocks, bought some t-shirts and a dive log book. I was on my way back home from diving in the keys.

Ginnie Springs is a great place. If you liked what you saw in the cavern you should see inside the devil's system (with the training first, of course). There was a good post here the other day from a girl that shot some great footage in there. Good stuff. I can't wait to go back.

I never thought caving would appeal to me but after a taste in the caverns, who knows what the future will bring... It does have the same "what is there here to find" that wreck diving offers.

I never thought caving would appeal to me but after a taste in the caverns, who knows what the future will bring... It does have the same "what is there here to find" that wreck diving offers.

Careful, cave diving becomes addictive! I got cave cert. so that I was better trained to dive the bigger wrecks here in the Great Lakes. Once becoming cave cert., I spent the next 5 years diving caves almost exclusively. :blinking:

Hey Betail nice pics! I have a group going down to the High Springs area March 22-28. We're going to drift the river and do a night dive at Ginnie again this year :eyebrow: Planning to hit Troy Spring, Crystal River, Alexander Springs and Devils Den too. Come on down and join us!
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey Betail nice pics! I have a group going down to the High Springs area March 22-28. We're going to drift the river and do a night dive at Ginnie again this year :eyebrow: Planning to hit Troy Spring, Crystal River, Alexander Springs and Devils Den too. Come on down and join us!
Ber :lilbunny:

Don't forget that some of us are doing a side trip to dive the Oriskany before meeting up over there for Ginnie, etc.

See the GLWC goes south for the winter thread.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom