Ginnie Springs Maps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hard Suit Pilot:
Does anyone know where I could find a detailed maps of the entire spring system with line placements and all? I have found the Berman maps but they lack line placements and some detail. Any others??

Sometimes buying a map with an interest in line placements is like buying a world book with geo-political boundries. Most line placements don't change,but it isn't uncommon for the lines to get moved around,I've found that to hold true for 10+ years of cave diving Ginnie.

OWSI176288:
Still...I would recommend that anyone that doesn't know the Devil's Eye/Ear system take their time and learn the cave system via progressive penetration(s).

I couldn't agree with you more.

Maps are a great source for preliminary information and as a means of verification of a route taken, but there's no substitute for finding it yourself. When I began cave diving, part of the challenge was finding a point within a cave system from the rather vague descriptions given me by local acquaintances. I was told "you were pretty close", "you went a jump past the point you should have" and the like without detailed directions to my intended destination. Multiple dives to locate the point of interest helped develop a better knowledge of that system.

Johnny

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom