Ginnie Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
There aren't many variables in a cave. Far fewer than in the ocean.
I would tend to agree with this statement. The thing is in overhead environments if things go wrong.........the results and risks are far greater than in open water.

IMO that is

Well so this won't ruin your trip to Ginnie, make sure you lock up all your gear there in your vehicle while diving.

According to recent posts on DecoStop, there has been several "gear thefts" at Ginnie this summer. Just FYI.

Jordan:
We (Dive Rite) use this place as a place to test out a lot of gear -- .
Hey Jordan have you guys been testing any fancy new computers in there lately ? With the price drop on the old stuff, everyone is wondering when were going to see a new Dive Rite computer.
Steph sorry about the Hijack !

Jordan:
We (Dive Rite) use this place as a place to test out a lot of gear -- If it swims well into the flow, that is usually a good sign.

Just finished my cavern /basic course and exiting the ear in the first basic dive as the lead diver my brand new DR primary reel fell apart in my hands when I was unhooking it from the gold line.......not a good sign. Circlip missing and maybe some other parts as well.

i try to get there once or twice a year, this year i'm planning on spending the week between x-mas and new years.

Did most of my diving there in the 70's. I would hate to go back and see what a commercial mess they have made of it. My favorite cave in Fl is Little River. Spent time laying cables there (also in the 70's).

Walter:
That's what it's all about, isn't it? Remember to vary your diving. If you do the same thing all the time, you will get bored and drop out of diving. Variety will keep you interested.

Gee, I didn't want this thread to turn into discussion about cave vs other diving. I agree with Walter though - I simply like diving. So I as much enjoyed my "intro to cave" course as our diving in Ft. Lauderdale and Keys. Everydive is different and there is always something interesting.

Mania
PS. walter - I wish I could come back as soon as possible, but...I'm broke right now after 3 weeks in Florida. You guys ruined me
:D

I have a chance to get my cavern there in August but don't know if Ill be able to go. For monitary reasons. Man being a poor college kid isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I've never done Ginnie Springs. I did Devils Den and I am going to do Blue Grotto this weekend. One day I will make it there. I hear it is always way too crowded.

git-r-dun diver:
One day I will make it there. I hear it is always way too crowded.

Go in December. Early. You'll have it to yourself. The cave divers will be underground. It's AMAZING being the only diver in the devils run. Or the only diver in the ballroom.

Back
Top Bottom