Girlie Gook --- what's the best??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cuticle oil is essential (I like the Essie apricot oil because the bottle doesn't leak like the OPI Avoplex does),

Yea, love that look..I use the pencils you run under the nail. It only lasts the day, but so easy to redo....nothing to chip off.

oh boy...I have such a long list, kinda high maintenance.

My dermatologists has totally convinced me everyone should be using Retin-A, your skin turns over faster. After 8 years in the Caribbean, 15 in Socal and eight here, I listened. I buy his sunscreen he mixes himself, with Ti base because it is reasonably priced and stays on in the water (so he says). Dr Gangnes in OC...
I've been "on" Retin A for ten years I guess.

He also is of the school of thought that peels(med) every 3-4 years by a doctor will keep the pre-cancerous spots at bay. He says most people have these

I have used the pricey conditioners but love Pantene smooth and silky before the Henderson Hood goes up. I freedive with no hood and can tell the difference in my hair. The rinse shower on our boat is my favorite feature. Get the salt out ASAP.

I like Jergen's self tanning lotion for my legs, it is one of those that doesn't turn too dark and look streaky.

One of the most important role of a buddy is the B***** - check.

Thanks Catherine, good info about Retin-A and peels and such. I keep thinking I should be using Retin-A. I've seen what you look like and it must be working !

Now - quick - before you change your avatar again - did you take that pic? Just in case you did, it's the one in the beautiful blue water looking up at people (kids?) on surfboards. That is just so cool.

On another note, my hairdresser finally got it right today. A picture truly is worth a thousand words. My hair is now more Posh-like which is what I wanted, before Posh had it. It's only taken two years. If you look at my profile pic, that was taken the day I had my hair done last time. As that grows out, I look like a cocker spaniel. It's not particularly attractive.

Whoa! ...you are a Posh imposhster! very cool looking

he he..yes, thanks on the pic. It is of some firemen, on surfboards at a burial at sea and the Fireboat was shooting huge plumes of water on them, celebrating the other fireman's life and they look like spirits to me from underwater.

I got some "ashes" on me too, more like vermiculite...I think Jimmy would have laughed, he was a Beckham looking water god.

Funny how I thought it was kids...I dunno...they just looked like how kids would look from underwater. But I like the real story even better now that you've explained it. To me it looks like they are sending his spirit off to the sky.

Okay, here it goes...

For the eyes, Maybeline water-proof mascara (available almost anywhere) is what I use.

I just started using a new hair care line from NY. It is called Belegenza and you can look it up at belegenza.com. It is all natural, and actually helps your hair to grow. I use their shampoo and conditioner, and use ultra-shine whenever I am in the water. It is absolutely amazing, and my hair is long, fine and color-treated. It is also relatively cheap compared to what is on the market. In fact, my $50 bottle of shampoo is in the closet, and my Belegenza shampoo ($18) is in the shower. Check it out. I will be distributing this on my next dive trip.

H - I checked out that website, the product looks really interesting. Especially the claim about silicone increasing hair loss. I would not have known that. A lot of glossers use silicone, I don't know about shampoos, conditioners etc.

I wish I had the problem of thinning hair that this product says it can reverse. I have the opposite problem, I have too much.

The price seems very right too.

Especially the claim about silicone increasing hair loss.
:11:

I'm in BIG trouble then.

better read your site

scratchmyback:
Thanks Catherine, good info about Retin-A and peels and such. I keep thinking I should be using Retin-A. I've seen what you look like and it must be working !

Now - quick - before you change your avatar again - did you take that pic? Just in case you did, it's the one in the beautiful blue water looking up at people (kids?) on surfboards. That is just so cool.

On another note, my hairdresser finally got it right today. A picture truly is worth a thousand words. My hair is now more Posh-like which is what I wanted, before Posh had it. It's only taken two years. If you look at my profile pic, that was taken the day I had my hair done last time. As that grows out, I look like a cocker spaniel. It's not particularly attractive.

CUTE haircut!!!

I have a layered shoulder length cut.

I use the clear pony tail bands (75 for $2) to keep my hair back. I do one or two on top and several more down the back. I had one girl call it "80's hair" but it's out of my face & my mask.

Hair goop? Paul Mitchell The conditoner. It's a leave in that I put in before the pony tail holders. I wash with Aveda Hair Detoxifier. It works wonders. I even use it to wash out my swimsuits at night.

Yes, the lack of silicone makes a huge difference in how your hair will look and feel. I didn't know either until I experienced the difference. Oh yes, and I quit shedding and my hair quit breaking. Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom