Give Doc Intrepid Some Slack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Since I have only actually started one or two threads in this forum, it pains me to add to the massive amount of useless "where should this forum go" threads. But, since they are propagating so quickly I suppose I should jump on the bandwagon. Give Doc I some time. He is genuinely working to fix the troll problem. But, it will take time.

As should be relatively obvious, fixing the problem will most likely require permanent bans from the DIR forum for the blatant violators. That is something that has to be dealt with delicately with management since those same violators are heavy SB users and some will probably whine all over the board if the bans happen. After the initial round of bans I suspect any further actions will be few and far between. At least I hope so.

Some moderation is helpful, but don't take this to extremes. Opt-in may or may not cure anything and will probably make it harder for those that are genuinely interested and do want to ask questions to do so. All internet forums repeat themselves. The repetitive noob questions are just something you have to live with. And, with enough participation you can still get interesting discussions around these.

While Doc spends his time dealing with the problem children lets get back to the purpose of this forum. Someone post up a dive logistics, deco procedures or other question and lets address it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom