Giving a little thanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilsant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We've gotten through mini-season without losing any divers ... a pretty notable accomplishment in light of some prior years' experiences.

I don't know how much impact it had, but I noticed a number of local shops offering free refresher clinics prior to the kickoff this year. It was an effort by the local industry that was definitely noteworthy and to be complimented.

I also saw some pretty solid coverage from all levels of law enforcement in our area. The officers I spoke to said that other than writing a few citations, the diving community was pretty well behaved this year.

Whatever the reason...thanks to Jehovah, Neptune, Universal Energy, Great Manitou, or dumb luck (whatorwhomever you believe in).

Does anyone have any insights as to why we were so fortunate this year?

As in weather phenomenon or all hail or as Alan Hale the Captain/actor of the "3 hour cruise" old tv show--Gilligan's Island!!:D

Up here, just luck and strong swimmin', as 1 guy swam to shore after getting lost.

My thoughts on this season were that most people that entered the water were prepared. I talked to some people from other shops and those that waited to the last minute to service their gear did not get it back in time for the season. Another thing I think conributed was the economy. Diving can be rather expensive and with alot of people out of money or lacking the funds could have kept them from participating.
Just my thoughts.

Chase

I think it is the outstanding training of the current generation of Scuba Instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom