Giving an 8 year old a "taste" of scuba.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This place is already quiet as a morgue compared to Rec.Scuba newsgroup where I hung out online during my training back in '03...
Mandatory safety equipment there was to don an asbestos suit before logging into Usenet! A day without a flame war was a day wasted :p
I'm up for a good flame war with the best of em dude. Frankly though I just can't be bothered with that here.
Too much other stuff in real life to stress over without getting upset because some dude the other side of the planet from me takes offence at something I say.

I guess we have to know our own kids. My 13 year old daughter just got certified and I would not have considered it at a younger age. Her little sister is 8 and is very comfortable in the water, but is in no way mature enough in her decision making to take on the responsibility. That being said, I may let her breathe on my gear this summer in the pool at the surface if she asks.

Love your kids, be there for your kids, enjoy the hell out of the time you have together and be the best parent you can.

glen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom