Glad to be aboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvdog

Reaction score
Hello! New to Scuba. Actually I am getting my open water and dry suit certification next week in Lake Travis here in Austin. I just moved here from Chicago 2 months ago. Lovin the weather, not missin the snow. Do miss Wrigley Field though. Somthing about a night game is just incredible...especially if they win. Anyway, Shader and I were in Playa Del Carmen a few months ago with some friends. He and another were ceritifed...I was not. I watched as they dove from the beach with a cold beer in hand and felt...well, alone. Therefore, I am not going to miss that opportunity again!!! Looking forward to getting qualed and doing ALOT of diving. They are planning another trip to Cozumel at end of May and I hope to be there with gear and cheer! I would love to hear from some TX folk about diving around here and if there is some one to buddy up with!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Check out our Texas Swamp Divers forum for more in your area. I'm on the other side of The Lone Star State...

don

:D

Hi Harvdog!

Welcome to SB! There are quite a few divers from Texas here.

Diverlady

Hey DL,

I stoked about getting qualified. I have wanted to do it for some time now, but just never did. No more! Do you know of groups that get together in the Austin area? Being new here I haven't met many folks yet.

Harv

Hey Don,

Thanks for the response. I will definitely gain familarity with this site and add ya'll to my favorites. I look forward to getting in the water soon!

Talk to you later,

Harv

Welcome to the board.

You get snow down there?

Not supposed too. When I moved here in Feb though, the next day there was about 3 inches on the ground. Texas is supposed to be known for open plains, heat, and cactus. I reason I left Chicago, is the cold weather and snow. Although I love it, I feel that if I need a fix, I can always fly to it. Got tired of diggin out my car each morning before work. What's it like in you neck of the woods?

Harvdog:
What's it like in you neck of the woods?

Thought we were done with the white stuff, but we got a few cm's over the last day or so. Starting to melt again. Ice on the lake is getting so you don't want to be driving on it, but it will be another month until it's clear. Good time to get the gear serviced.

Ahhh,,,Texas..did some enjoyable things in Texas..I was a Ft. Hood for awhile. Helicopters, Armor, and Nurses. I have also been to Shepard AFB in Northern Texas...People seldom know that it snows in Texas...LOL.
Welcome to SB...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom