Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DOkie

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Henderson Gold Core finally need to be retired after this weekend. Any suggestions? I dive exclusively in the Great Lakes, depths up to 170', and hate mits. Has anyone tried the "semi-dry" gloves and how do they hold up to the zebra muscles? A few years ago, the hubby bought an expensive pair and tore them on the first dive. Any suggestions (other than modify my drysuit for dry gloves) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've had good luck with the XS "PyroStretch" 3.5mm glove. I've had them for a few years now and they seem to be holding up well so far.
I think XS makes a 5mm version too, but I've not found the need for anything thicker than the 3.5 in water down to 42 degrees. (YMMV; I don't seem to get cold as easily as a lot of people.)

Dokie, I have a pair of gloves that a friend gave me a couple years ago. They're warm and have held up well. I think this is the glove on the bottom of this page, maybe with just with a couple cosmetic changes (the kevlar 5mm); Northern Diver Gloves. It appears US Divers/aqualung makes a similar product; Thermocline Kevlar Glove They're probably made in the same factory. Hope this helps and that your hands stay warm, Doug

Last edited:
I am sorry if I am missing something because I do not know what king of drysuit you have but what kind of modifications are required to use drygloves? I currently use the Viking byonette system (with my Pinnacle Evolution 2) and am switching to the SI Teck Gloveloc system and neither requires any modifications to the suit. I only ask because it is great to have warm dry hands just like the res of the body.

Back
Top Bottom