Question Glowstick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antothoro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Why don't I see more glowsticks being used in diving? Either the one time use ones, rechargeable, or the semi-permanent ones.

Clearly there are different use cases for illumination underwater. Boiling them all down into to help you see or the help others to see. Glowsticks seem like a to help others see me and maybe to help me find something (but that could easily replaced by sufficient training on where my gear is on me.

Things like this always snag my attention and I go hmmmm I think that's too dim.

I have a few small ones, if my dive buddy and I are doing a dive that may run into dusk/darkness we will snap them to make it easier to see each other. We do not expect that they will illuminate any thing other than maybe each other, we have flashlights (torches) for seeing stuff. :)

Why aren't they more popular? Flashlights. Even the worst crap light being sold in the worst shop is better than a chem light.

Back
Top Bottom