GLWC at Mermet this weekend (8/21-22)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I did show up at the last minute for diving all day sunday. A lot of people missed out on some really great diving today. I asked Ken and Brian if they were up to a deep dive to start the day off and sure enough they were, (I knew Brian would be up for it) so down we went I hit 120 feet for around ten minutes before my computer started yelling at me to asend and then deco stop. I hated that since I still had plenty of air left in my 80. But, I already had in mind that one member of our group was going to suck down some air so I thumbed the dive with about 1800 pounds of air left. Good thing because when we hit the surface after 24 minutes down one of us - no names mentioned here, mainly because I've been there done that - had only 250 pounds left. After a nice 1hr an a half surface interval we decided that the bus needed some passengers. So down with the lift bags we went in search of some passengers. Well, lets just say that the bus has a new driver wieghing in probably somewhere around 70 pounds and looks like a lion. And for it new passenger, it was a real oinker of a pig weighing some where around 80 or 90 pounds. We had a really good laugh seeing this bus with a driver and passenger. And our third dive of the day became sort of a marathon for who can stay done the longest. Brian and I had started off to feed the fish with the packages of hot dogs I always bring but some where during the fish feeding we became separated. No real biggy it usually happens when we feed the fish and we were relatively shallow so I continued on - Brian and I dive often enough together and know each others diving abilities well enough to both be o.k. with being seperated, I for one have most of my diving experience solo - well as time ticked on and I followed a few of the fishes around and about and to the bottom and back up and still with plenty of air it turned out that I did not surface for about fifty minutes to find out that Brian had been on the surface watching my bubbles for around thirty minutes. Let me clarify something here, Brian only had half of a tank when we started, big 130 tank yes but still just half of a tank. The day ended good with good diving and good friendship abound. And a new friend to include in my circle - good to met and dive with you Ken.

Funny you mention getting split up with Brian..same thing happened to us when we was doing our last dive Saturday. Right after he kicked up all that silt in my face. By the time I cleared from the silt cloud, he was no where to be found.

diverbob:
Funny you mention getting split up with Brian..same thing happened to us when we was doing our last dive Saturday. Right after he kicked up all that silt in my face. By the time I cleared from the silt cloud, he was no where to be found.

Awh, Brian wouldn't do that would he:eyebrow: Nah, I am the one that split off to follow the biggest catfish I have ever seen up close and personal. Besides we always end up spliting up when we feed the fish. One swarm of fish around me and another around him. That's just the way we do it.

Man, that was fun!

BTW, Glen told me that the picture of St. Glen was brought up to the surface for repair, he has it.

Bill

diverbob:
I had a great time diving with you guys. Ken, Jeff and Bill, it was great meeting you. We will definitly have to do it again sometime.

I will say on the deep dive it was a lot of fun hanging on my lift bag. hehe For those that haven't played with those wonderful toys, you really should.

It was great meeting Ken, Bill, and Jeff and hope to dive with you all again.

Oh, Ken, that fish was a Sturgeon. :D

stingray1:
Well, I did show up at the last minute for diving all day sunday. A lot of people missed out on some really great diving today. I asked Ken and Brian if they were up to a deep dive to start the day off and sure enough they were, (I knew Brian would be up for it) so down we went I hit 120 feet for around ten minutes before my computer started yelling at me to asend and then deco stop. I hated that since I still had plenty of air left in my 80. But, I already had in mind that one member of our group was going to suck down some air so I thumbed the dive with about 1800 pounds of air left. Good thing because when we hit the surface after 24 minutes down one of us - no names mentioned here, mainly because I've been there done that - had only 250 pounds left. After a nice 1hr an a half surface interval we decided that the bus needed some passengers. So down with the lift bags we went in search of some passengers. Well, lets just say that the bus has a new driver wieghing in probably somewhere around 70 pounds and looks like a lion. And for it new passenger, it was a real oinker of a pig weighing some where around 80 or 90 pounds. We had a really good laugh seeing this bus with a driver and passenger. And our third dive of the day became sort of a marathon for who can stay done the longest. Brian and I had started off to feed the fish with the packages of hot dogs I always bring but some where during the fish feeding we became separated. No real biggy it usually happens when we feed the fish and we were relatively shallow so I continued on - Brian and I dive often enough together and know each others diving abilities well enough to both be o.k. with being seperated, I for one have most of my diving experience solo - well as time ticked on and I followed a few of the fishes around and about and to the bottom and back up and still with plenty of air it turned out that I did not surface for about fifty minutes to find out that Brian had been on the surface watching my bubbles for around thirty minutes. Let me clarify something here, Brian only had half of a tank when we started, big 130 tank yes but still just half of a tank. The day ended good with good diving and good friendship abound. And a new friend to include in my circle - good to met and dive with you Ken.

Back
Top Bottom