GLWC Fall M&G October 14-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought I heard that this thing was canceled. Shame Ted couldn't make it.

Has anybody that knows Mike personally talked to him to make sure we're still on for this? and that gas fills will be available?

It is all good Tim, we are on and as far as I know air fills are available.
They were on Labor Day and if you are looking for cave fills then the answer is NO!
You will have to settle for rated pressure that is all! Unless you have access to your own compressor! :):)

The vis will be good by the M&G calmed back down once the training lets up a bit!
It is going to be fun look out!

CamG

Has anybody that knows Mike personally talked to him to make sure we're still on for this? and that gas fills will be available?

Tim Stahl was teaching some classes there this past weekend and he said the fills are available again.. He said they were only down for a few because Mike was changing filters on the air compressor.

I've never been to Gilboa when fills were not available. I know that a couple of years ago there was an issue with the compressor during a fall M&G (one I was not able to attend), but I've never seen that happen before or since on any of my dozens of trips to Gilboa. Mike keeps his fill station running smoothly. After all, it's a HUGE money maker for him.

As far as checking with Mike to see if this event it still on ... this isn't Mike's event. This is OUR event and we're simply holding it at Gilboa. They know we're coming. We're on the calendar (you can see it on their website) and we have the turn-around reserved.

where are we going to be? I just got a new 3 mill shorty I'm hoping to use it. I've only dove 1 time since my open water check out dives. Will someone dive with me? I have an aluminum 80 and a warm water tropical regulator can I dive on the deep side with you guys? Is there camping over night there? or do people just come back the next day? I would prefer to camp. how are the camp sites there? Full hook ups? Do I need to call Gilboa and make a reservation? I think that might cover it. Who is in charge of this event? Who do I contact in case I might have more questions?

Divin'Hoosier
pelagic_by_nature
Notso_Ken
T. Bix - Ribs
nwohiodiver - Oreo Ball and something hot
BoneCrusher - TBD on what I'm bringing
Barracuda2 - Toledo Kielbas and Wood organizer
Jendra - Water, Taco Salad, maybe Hop Skip and Go Naked drink
kjvander
Jchoby Fricker's!! (snickering)
Diver Lori - Chips and dip
CamG
kidsdream - TBD, possibly twice baked potatoes
bikini
diver_paula - SIN, broccoli slaw
Gtxl1200 - 2(two) 30 cup coffee makers, Generator, The New and Improved Bunkhouse. gas grill,plus assorted other need accessories.

Back
Top Bottom