GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was kidding about the bitterly cold. Haigh is fairly warm now too. I amstill diving dry because I can and I need to keep working on my comfortability with the DS. But I also like being dry at the SI and since we really have not had a hot summer like normal, I like the DS. However, I dont think I could do a 3 mil unless I was on the shallow side and staying above 30 feet.

i'm game. I've been looking for some buddies, maybe i can meet some local ones! Seeing as mine just got on a plane to Korea for the year:( And gilboa is nice in october, i wore a 3 last year, and it was fine, no hood no gloves.

I too will need to hook up with a dive buddy or two. Will do my best to be there one of the three days. t

Hey! Is there any change i can come too? I don't have a buddy, but Gilboa is only a few hours from my apartment. I've been diving for a couple of years, but never gotten involved with much diving in ohio (been to gilboa once).

I too will need to hook up with a dive buddy or two. Will do my best to be there one of the three days. t
Hi Topsail and Cat! Find us all the way down at the turn around. I think you'll know when you find us...by the copious amount of chips, dips, and other snacks I mean.
:D

I have only splashed once since the last one.
You might lose your Fricken Chicken privileges. :shocked2: It's in the fine print on your C-card...

Where's our fearless OLD man leader. I bet his Old age has gotten so bad now he forgot this is his baby.:confused::confused: he needs to get here and address some peoples questions..:D:D:rofl3: you watch he will be the one standing on the dock naked ready to dive. Because he forgot to get dressed..:D:rofl3:

Hey, thanks for the "fearless" comment; and gt...., you know I'm like fine wine: I don't get OLD, I just get BETTER. I really didn't think this thread would start up until mid Sept.; that's a good sign. Many of you are already chomping at the bit for this gathering. It's gonna be a good one!!

How about we try a new way of organizing the food list; One list for "main dishes" like Kielbasa, sausage and peppers (Jwalko), BBQ beef brisket, eggs and bacon for breakfasts, burgers and dogs, etc., and another lists for munchies, desserts and side dishes: Smores, homemade hot salsa (Ktgobucks), cheese cakes (Mrsmitty), cowboy beans, Chili, potato salads. etc.

Here's another idea I'll throw at you for Sat. night: Has anyone ever experienced Hobo Stew? Since we always have a great fire going, we procure a new garbage can and fill it with potatoes, some kind of meat like sausage (we could use the kielbasa) or ham, sweet corn on the cob, cabbage, carrots, (or other veggies), add water and spices and let it simmer for a couple of hours over the fire. When all these ingredients blend together into a great stew, people can just serve themselves right out of the can. Man, that's good eat'n. Let me know what you think. If you like this idea, we can start a list for those contributers to the "Hobo Stew Dinner"

As always, I'm really looking forward to this Fall's Meet & Greet. Any lurkers out there who have never experienced a GLWC MnG need to get on board. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

you watch he will be the one standing on the dock naked ready to dive.D:rofl3:[/QUOTE]

Only for money!!! :eyebrow:

Here's another idea I'll throw at you for Sat. night: Has anyone ever experienced Hobo Stew? Since we always have a great fire going, we procure a new garbage can and fill it with potatoes, some kind of meat like sausage (we could use the kielbasa) or ham, sweet corn on the cob, cabbage, carrots, (or other veggies), add water and spices and let it simmer for a couple of hours over the fire. When all these ingredients blend together into a great stew, people can just serve themselves right out of the can. Man, that's good eat'n. Let me know what you think. If you like this idea, we can start a list for those contributers to the "Hobo Stew Dinner"

sounds like brunswick stew to me, i'll post the familys recipie if you'd like, its pretty much the best. thing. ever. (chicken, steak, pork, beans of all kinds, corn, carrots, ham, tomatos, etc etc etc)

sounds like brunswick stew to me, i'll post the familys recipie if you'd like, its pretty much the best. thing. ever. (chicken, steak, pork, beans of all kinds, corn, carrots, ham, tomatos, etc etc etc)

Let's see what ya got, misstopsail; all those meats in one stew really sound great. Post the recipe and if the crew wants to give it a try, I'm game.

Hey, thanks for the "fearless" comment; and gt...., you know I'm like fine wine: I don't get OLD, I just get BETTER. I really didn't think this thread would start up until mid Sept.; that's a good sign. Many of you are already chomping at the bit for this gathering. It's gonna be a good one!!

How about we try a new way of organizing the food list; One list for "main dishes" like Kielbasa, sausage and peppers (Jwalko), BBQ beef brisket, eggs and bacon for breakfasts, burgers and dogs, etc., and another lists for munchies, desserts and side dishes: Smores, homemade hot salsa (Ktgobucks), cheese cakes (Mrsmitty), cowboy beans, Chili, potato salads. etc.

As always, I'm really looking forward to this Fall's Meet & Greet. Any lurkers out there who have never experienced a GLWC MnG need to get on board. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

you watch he will be the one standing on the dock naked ready to dive.D:rofl3:

Only for money!!! :eyebrow:[/QUOTE]

Not to be finicky, but I don't think I'd want to eat that if made from a galvanised garbage can.

Hobo stew...done that many a time. The best part of it is that you never know what you are going to come up with. I've also seen it done in a wash tub for smaller groups.

Hobo stew...done that many a time. The best part of it is that you never know what you are going to come up with. I've also seen it done in a wash tub for smaller groups.

that may explain a few things................. LOL

Back
Top Bottom