GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to be finicky, but I don't think I'd want to eat that if made from a galvanised garbage can.[/QUOTE]

Hey Randy, what's the problem with the galvanized trash can? I've eaten out of one many times; stew, sweet corn. If there is a problem, I never heard of it.

Hello,

I'm new to this scene but that sounds like a fun weekend. I'm going to try to make that. What will water temps be around that time?

See If our OLD man leader would have had the FAQ done this person wouldnt be wondering this right now..:D

See If our OLD man leader would have had the FAQ done this person wouldnt be wondering this right now..:D

Now, now, you know darn well that this question and all the others will keep repeating themselves until we are all camped out on the quarry.

Hello,

I'm new to this scene but that sounds like a fun weekend. I'm going to try to make that. What will water temps be around that time?

As warm as they're going to be for the year!!!!

Probably mid 70s to 80 on the surface (depending on weather between now and then), round about 55 through the area by the palne and heliocopter, dropping to about 45-46 down at the tubes and below.

Now, about this time is when the weather will start being cooler than the water, and start cooling it off in there. But, even by New Years, it isn't too bad in there for diving (but it is still cooling off). Now, come late March through April . . . . . My coldest water dive (36*F) was in Gilboa in late April.

Ken

Hey Randy, just have some of that hot toddy hobo punch that Ted and Jon made and there is nothing made in a garbage can that will taste bad.

Probably mid 70s to 80 on the surface (depending on weather between now and then), round about 55 through the area by the palne and heliocopter, dropping to about 45-46 down at the tubes and below.

I heard it's 85F all the way to the bottom, just like the ocean.
:D

Hi gang,

Just to let you know that our GLWC Fall MnG is the same time as the "Haunted Quarry" Just so you are not surprised about this when you get there. If you want to participate in the event put on by Splash Watersports as a charity fund raiser, the admission fee (which all goes to charity) is $40 for a week in advance reservation or $50 on the day of the event. Here's what you get to do if you op to be part of this event: Dinner, UW pumpkin carving contest, and Night Dive the haunted Quarry; you can also win the grand prize of a Black Beard Cruise. Last year the money raised went to the MS Foundation. If you need more info, check out www.splashws.com This is a choice; you don't have to be part of this event to be at or dive the quarry. If you don't want to pay out the $40 or $50 bucks, nothing changes for the MnG.

If I don't pay the fee, can I still do a night dive? Yes, no one will stop you, but remember, this is all done in the name of charity.

Back
Top Bottom