Go Pro 2 MonoPod Recommendation (for Bonaire?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tah81

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking for any recommendations (goods and bads) on an extendable handle for my GP 2HD with an LCD backpack. Considering the three choices below. ALSO, I'm going to Bonaire in April and have heard they don't allow exendable mounts in Bonaire. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks. Tom.

• Quik Pod - Monopod
  • XShot 2.0
  • Mako Shark Extend-A-Pole

Had the Quikpod, sent it back after one dive. The locking nut stripped inside its recess so it just spun around and couldn't be tightened. Just a poor quality product overall IMO, made of thin steel like a car antenna that also was really hard to extend. The other 2 look identical but I am only guessing. Personally if you want a pole you can make one for very little cost, or look at the UK Pro Pole (one piece aluminium, not extendable)

I'm sure new, student, or "discover scuba" divers can do more harm than an extendable pole, the difference is that the last brings no money :)

I don't think they are prohibited but we had a local come up to us and tell us they are not allowed. We were just snorkeling too. They are overly protective but I don't think it's a bad thing as long as you understand that aspect of the islanders. We just continued on with our day and used them anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom