Go Pro Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently, I have daisy chained a couple of GoPro adapters together to use a handle underwater, with a tether to my BCD. I also use a red filter for shallow dives, along with a 220 lumen Led light when needed. I am looking at buying the Mako Speargun setup advertised above, I met a guy on a dive boat using it and he really liked the setup. I do like the fact that I can get in the water with the GoPro in my BCD pocket and not have to lug around a bulky camera setup.

On the boat, I use a small Pelican dry box to hold the camera and batteries. I switch to a new battery between each dive, because I use the LCD attachment.

I have seen people using the headmount, Mako and homemade mounts, and pole mounts.

I used an old tray with a ULCS handle and some accessories from my dslr and came up with this. It's pretty compact, setup is slightly negative underwater. Also, the little pouch is handy (I usually take with me several filters to experiment). For this setup, i think the filters are just as important as the camera itself.

GPsetup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom