Go Pro Hero 6 price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
is $400 for the 6 and $22 for accessory kit with red lenses and different mounts a descent price? What is a good accessory kit and how many batteries/SD cards is good to have? Thx

Last edited:
Gopro distributes through a dealer system that strictly controls price. You aren't going to see many discounts or sales of authentic Gopros from authorized dealers. The way some dealers compete is with "bundling" the camera with accessories. You can find gopro 6 for about $325-$350 on ebay but these would be grey market, refurbished, or potentially counterfeit products.

As for accessories, it depends on what you want to do. Given the forum, I'll presume underwater video. Most of the mounts in accessory kits will sit in a drawer. If you use a tray you'll likely need one mount that has a 1/4-20 tapped hole. The tray may even include it. Poles often mount directly to case. You'll probably want a red filter. You can post-edit for color correction and get good results but that takes time and knowledge. Most want something out of the camera that is good enough to throw on youtube and good filters will do that. Beware cheapo Chinese red plastic disguised as a red filter. Polarpro is ok, Backscatter is best in my opinion. (They won't be $22).

You can recharge batteries in camera but I prefer a separate charger. I change batteries each dive even though I might still show 50%. I would rather have extra battery power than not enough. I have a three-battery charger and three batteries. I've had good luck with Wasabi.

Great advice, TY

df37558e-563e-4d0e-b1a7-55bb48954b7b._SL300__.jpg

Number of SD cards required depends on the SD card size, capture resolution and how often you want to change SD cards. This is a handy chart for the GoPro compatibility recommended SanDisk Extreme SD cards.

I currently have 2 sd cards and sometimes I need more lol. I get lazy and don’t feel like doing editing and just replace the card until I get to the other one.

As for batteries I have one along with a portable charger but for now I only do shore dives and mostly only one per day. But will need two or three when I boat dive or more frequent shore dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom