"Go to last post" icon looks like a 'cancel' icon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The "Go to last post" icon looks like the circle-with-strikethrough that makes me think of the 'delete', 'cancel', 'remove', etc, on other sites and devices. Also loses the "go" idea of the arrow.
Just my two cents.

In the current style I have a double right arrow in a blue box as the go to last post icon, can you post a screen shot of yours?

The "Go to last post" icon looks like the circle-with-strikethrough that makes me think of the 'delete', 'cancel', 'remove', etc, on other sites and devices. Also loses the "go" idea of the arrow.
Just my two cents.

Thanks for the feedback...

It's supposed to be dive themed... Most people know what it is... You can mouse over it to see "Go to last post" :)

TC:
In the current style I have a double right arrow in a blue box as the go to last post icon, can you post a screen shot of yours?

Here's what I have, which sounds like it's the same as Aquaregia is seeing:

last post 2.jpg

The "last post" icon was a new addition for me as of a few days ago.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the "new post" icon, because it sounds similar to what you are describing - although mine is a double "down" arrow in a circle.

Blue Sparkle

As per Blue Sparkle's screenshot (thanks!). Dive theme is awesome, but the first time I went to hit it I was afraid I was going to block the user or something. It looks pretty much identical to all those icons on my iPhone. In any case, I'm not gonna boycott Scubaboard or anything as a result, just thought I'd mention it :)

As per Blue Sparkle's screenshot (thanks!).

For years I didn't have a good, simple program on my computer for annotating photographs, and it drove me nuts. Everyone else could draw circles and arrows on their 8 x 10 glossies but not me. Then Preview was upgraded so I could, and it still seems like a fun treat :)

Dive theme is awesome, but the first time I went to hit it I was afraid I was going to block the user or something.

I had the advantage that on the day the icons were brand new, my page just happened to load slowly and so at first I saw just a column of "Go to last post" spelled out -- before the icons filled in.

(Not implying that it was SB's fault about the slow load though.)

Back
Top Bottom