Going Back to Roatan...Woot!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Zimmerly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just confirmed our reservations to Fantasy Island 13-20 May. It will be our second time there. Had a great time last year. Any SB'ers gonna be there, let me know.

50 days and counting. How the heck am I supposed to get any work done?

Dave (aka "Squirt")

:D My first time to Roatan. Heading for Fantasy Island. Can't wait!

Make sure you bring some DEET for the no-see-ums. They can be nasty when the sun starts to go down.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

have fun, guys... i was across the inlet from you at CCV last year

Dave

Going same week with a group of 14 from LDS in NY, should be a good group. Will be my first trip to Roatan. Lets try and meet up.

Joe

I went to Anthony Keys a couple years ago. Best trip I have ever had. I had been told about the bugs and came prepared I thought. I even had a bottle of 100% Deet. None worked until a local told me about Catus Juice. You can even get it with SPF. Have fun.

Charles

Joe,

If your going to Fantasy Island I'm sure we will meet. I'll post a pict of me and girlfiriend soon so you can recognize us.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Great

I will be the guy with the big Nikonos rig with twin strobes. Will PM you as we get closer.

Be advised there is a rotavirus epidemic in progress (vomiting, diarrhea, fever). Be extraordinarily careful about where you eat and sanitation in general. The virus is very stable and can live in the environment (on surfaces) for extended periods of time.I live in Honduras and just received an email from the US Embassy in Tegucigalpa about this.
Some folks on another board I frequent have been whining and complaining about having their trip to Roatan ruined by illness. If you think you may havea rotavirus infection, immodium, peptobismol, and kaopectate should be avoided per the embassy FAQ on rotavirus. Adult illness is generally mild, children can require hospitalization because of dehydration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom