Going boat diving the first time in a couple weeks... few ??'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ha never thought of wrap around my hands with Charmin - it will be cheaper! :D

MSilvia:
I have. If there's no head and you have to go, it's probably best to go overboard and downwind, or in your wetsuit while diving... or just try to be discreet when "filling your bucket".

You know, either hold it or figure something out. What else can you do?

I've heard of peeing in a wetsuit but that is disgusting! :11:

wildmtn:
I am goin' on a trip with Yukoneer. One question that I wanted to ask you guys: Do I need to buy reef gloves or use my 5mm Henderson stretch gloves?

Keep in mind that some boats don't allow you to wear gloves..so you don't touch things(underwater..uuhmm, in the ocean). Personally, I would wear my 5mm for diving and use Charmin for those other moments in the head.
If all else fails there is the Warhammer maneuver. :11:

Dive masters and crew work hard. Or at least, if they are any good they do. Around here, they are volunteer and work for tips. 10% of the cost of the trip is a nice number. 15% if they do something special.

I have the attitude of, my gear, my responsibility. I turn on my air. I set it up. No one messes with my stuff. The number one stated reason why DM's want to set up your gear, is they see too many people who can't. Too many once a year vacation divers who forget how to set it up properly. So the DM does it for them to help keep the divers safe(er).

No head, gotta go potty... when you get done diving, peal out of your wetsuit and ask if you can jump in the water.

TwoBit

I'm sorry, guys, it is gross, indeed, but I'm laughing my arse off !!!!

ha, thanks for the new information, crpntr133.

yukoneer:
I am going boat diving the first time in a couple weeks for vacation.

Question #1 - tipping? who to tip and how much? tipping necessary?

Question #2 - gear setup? will they let me set up my gear? i'd rather do this...

Question #3 - Relif of oneself between two tank dives? what happens if I need to relieve myself of my personal waste between dives - and the boat has no head?

i think that's all for now...

Do they have a DM in the water,or just deck crew to help load unload? I tip on the job the DM dose. 15% of trip charge,good rate-$5.00 per tank some say,A good DM on a dive will make your trip well worth it!!Tip that way too!
Heads on dive boats suck,they dont work,you cant take a dump in them,no toilet paper and so on,, so do that stuff at hotel,pee between SI's or with the Fishes!! HA HA!!
Gear set up if you need help they will help you,but man I like to set my own rig up! Newbies need the help,and try to help other divers that look like they may have problems this makes every ones dives work out,
Also try your rig out prior to boat leaves dock=just in case something dose not work!! seen this many times!
Man have a blast!
Just got back from a short hop down to Florida and The DM on then boat I allways dive from took me out for a private night/wreck dive and I had a BLAST!! and that is one GREAT DM!!!
Brad

Back
Top Bottom