going through GCM to Little Cayman on a Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the update, how do you like the sister islands so far? I am a little confused by your comment about the flight from LC to CB - it usually goes GC to CB to LC if the flight is stopping on both islands. Or are you splitting your time between the LC and CB? Sorry, you probably shared your plans in the past but I don't remember. Have a great time for the rest of your trip!

No I didn’t post plans sorry. We arrived in GC last Sunday then immediately hopped to LC for 5 days then LC to CB for 5 more (day 3 right now) and then back to Grand on Wednesday for a couple of days. I can do up a more complete review when it’s all over but REALLY liked LC for the dive sites. CB is good too but the depth on a couple of the sites aren’t as much our thing. We like to max out bottom time as much as possible and when the wall starts at 60 feet that limits your time. Both really good islands though and I can see the draw of both. The laid back quiet is what we like. We’ll see how the last couple of days in GC civilization go.

No I didn’t post plans sorry. We arrived in GC last Sunday then immediately hopped to LC for 5 days then LC to CB for 5 more (day 3 right now) and then back to Grand on Wednesday for a couple of days. I can do up a more complete review when it’s all over but REALLY liked LC for the dive sites. CB is good too but the depth on a couple of the sites aren’t as much our thing. We like to max out bottom time as much as possible and when the wall starts at 60 feet that limits your time. Both really good islands though and I can see the draw of both. The laid back quiet is what we like. We’ll see how the last couple of days in GC civilization go.

Looking forward to your report! Where did you stay on LC and CB and where will you stay on GC? That really sounds like a lovely trip.

In September the Clearly Cayman resorts are offering a special called the Cayman Expedition that includes 7 nights on Brac and 7 nights on Little Cayman. At $3950 per person the price isn't cheap, but it includes 42 dives (with a couple of night and dusk dives), boat transfers between the 2 islands, airport transfers and more:

2 Islands. 14 Days. 42 Dives.

Last edited:
Little Cayman & Cayman Brac Beach Resort and then the Holiday Inn (Grand Caymanian or whatever) for the last two days. I’m curious if it’s as “just ok” as the reports are. The price is certainly hard to beat. LCBR & CBBR have both been good. I’d agree with those in previous reviews who have said the food is better at CBBR. I am wondering if that’s a byproduct of the remoteness of LCBR. One barge shipment a week likely means limited supplies. For example they couldn’t serve nachos at the bar because their resupply didn’t make the barge! The horrors! :wink:

Little Cayman & Cayman Brac Beach Resort and then the Holiday Inn (Grand Caymanian or whatever) for the last two days. I’m curious if it’s as “just ok” as the reports are. The price is certainly hard to beat. LCBR & CBBR have both been good. I’d agree with those in previous reviews who have said the food is better at CBBR. I am wondering if that’s a byproduct of the remoteness of LCBR. One barge shipment a week likely means limited supplies. For example they couldn’t serve nachos at the bar because their resupply didn’t make the barge! The horrors! :wink:

I'll be interested to hear about your stays, including Holiday Inn!

Stayed at Holiday Inn last summer. Great deal, immaculate, good food (new food manager), 1 bedroom suite, kitchen, etc.

Back
Top Bottom