Going to Cayman Brac on Sunday. Looking for info & tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also looking at going to Brac in October with a small group. Any suggestions on where to stay beside Brac Reef? Im just trying to understand what the options are. Thanks

I think you will enjoy the BRR. They are a great group of people, very professional dive opp. I would agree HH did a great job covering it. Some of the places we like for eating, take out at Berry’s Jerk Chicken (Friday night get jerk chichen or pork or both) and the Coral Isle. Food a BRR is always good also, I like the cheese burgers and messy messy ribs sitting at the bar with a cold brew.

I'm also looking at going to Brac in October with a small group. Any suggestions on where to stay beside Brac Reef? Im just trying to understand what the options are. Thanks

I always stay at Island Time, however I am a bit biased about that.

I think you will enjoy the BRR. They are a great group of people, very professional dive opp. I would agree HH did a great job covering it. Some of the places we like for eating, take out at Berry’s Jerk Chicken (Friday night get jerk chichen or pork or both) and the Coral Isle. Food a BRR is always good also, I like the cheese burgers and messy messy ribs sitting at the bar with a cold brew.

I always stay at Island Time, however I am a bit biased about that.

Anyone have any experience staying at Carib Sands? Looks comparable to BBR but its hard to tell. Any input would be great.

Look on VRBO. We stay at Seafan Meadows. As for food it looks like we'll have to suck up our dislike of the BBR and eat there for lunch. I recently found out Aunt Sha's has closed. Very sad, it was a happening place (for the Brac) with friendly locals coming in and out, we will miss her "let me tell you a story..." and amazing home cooked meals. Had Barry's jerk one night and wether it was early or what but we had some tough bland chicken legs (exclusive to the Brac, 4legged chickens!). We were so disappointed after being told how great the chicken would be. Debating wether to try them again. We threw out most of the chicken..

Look at Martins new place, the Brac Scuba Shack. All new equipment, Martin is a high level diesel mechanic/engineer and his shop is a beaut! Anyone interested in Nitrox diving should be aware that the BRR's Nitox compressor is old and I've smelled the air coming out of one of their Nitrox tanks. First time smelling bad air, paint fume smell. They've been talking about replacing it for years, now with some competition they will?

Keep in mind that there is a possibility that their service will improve too, we had a very unpleasant run in with a front line staff member there. Who knows, but not staying on their resort increases the chances of things going south. I didn't write a bad TA review on BBR but that was more out of respect for Martin who used to run BBR and still fixes things there (as well as keeping the islands electrical diesel generators working). Can't wait until we are back down in Aug.

PS use the Twin Otters, the 8hr layover in GC was awful. Cheaper to pay for the extra bag than for taxi fairs to town and eating lousy tourist food. The jet was late that day.....groan.

Have fun, there are some amazing dive sites! Had to say the snorkelling out back of Seafan was stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone have any experience staying at Carib Sands? Looks comparable to BBR but its hard to tell. Any input would be great.

Yes, I've stayed at the Caribe Sands previously, nice and quiet and that's the way I like it. uhuh!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom