going to curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mapman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Going to Curacao in May, anyone had any experience with Lions dive? Anyone have a favorite place or recomendation? We are looking for clean/ cheap with an emphasis on shore diving on location. Thanks in advance.
Alan:)

Haven’t stayed at the Lion’s Dive, but have only heard good things about it. There are quite a few shore dives sites near where you’ll be staying. Car Pile and Oswald’s Drop Off just up the beach (northwest), Sea Aquarium’s House Reef, Shipwreck point, and Saba are all right around Lion’s Dive. If you rent a car or boat, I would also suggest Tugboat just southeast of the resort at Caracasbaai, and the Mushroom Forest (northwest, near Boka Santu Pretu). Unfortunately, the Mushroom Forest isn’t a shore dive (boat dive only). Hope this is helpful. Have a great time, and if you like beer, have a Bright for me! :mean:

I really miss Curacao. :tree:

I'm anxious to hear a report about your trip. I am sepnding half my two week honeymoon on Curacao. We are staying Sunset Waters which is pretty far outside of town but I have heard nothing but good tings from a local groupl that just returned from there.

Thanks for the info, We will definately tip a Bright to you.
Also I will try and give a trip report when we get back (end of May)

Consider Habitat Curacao, 24 hr. shore diving with guide lines running from dock to sloping reef wall make it effortless. Onsite boat diving and restraunt good, killer fresh water infinity pool, has a free shuttle to town ( 45min. ). Stopped at Sunset Waters for a surface interval and was impressed. Seas calmer on this end of island and reefs more pristine, though heavy surf from hurr. Lenny wiped out much of the corals from shorline to about 30 ft. But for scuba diving a great trip!

Thanks Scubabear, seems a lot of readers like HC. Regardless of where we stay, we will dive the house reef there. From all I`ve seen and heard we are in for a treat in Curacao. (haven`t had a bad one yet, some are just more memarable than others).
Thanks again

Did my first diving in Curacao started at the Sea Aquarium then did the tugboat . Last dive was the Superior Producer, great dive and you can get to it from the shore. Go in the morning though as the surf gets a little rough late in the day. Look for the Baracudda that makes its home there.

We always stay at allwest apts/dive center in Westpunt. It is 45 minutes from town, but it is a great place for shorediving. You are out among the greatest shorediving sites on the westend of the island. www.allwestcuracao.com Great rates, studios $60 per night, 1 bedroom apts that sleep 4 for $90 per night. They can arrange dive truck rental and airport pickups. They give a 10% discount for stay/truckrental/dive packages. We like staying away from the town, we get enough traffic and chaos here at home, we like the laid back pace of the westend. The Centrum supermarket is wonderful and we usually go to town for dinners if we aren't doing night dives. Shoredives not to miss, Playa Kalki, upon entering the water go to the right or west direction. One of my favorites dives, on a night dive there, saw a 6 ft blue conger eel out and about, it was the color of kentucky blue, absolutely incredible. Versenbaai is also a great shoredive closer to town, it's the police beach and they charge a couple of guilders to dive there but worth it. If you want to dive Watamula, another great boat dive site, you can contact allwest, they usually go there every weekend with a second dive at Mushroom Forest. Hope you have a great trip.

We have a group that was scheduled to stay at Lions Dive in July but think now we will have to cancel. The flights are too darned expensive!! We live in NE North Carolina. If anyone knows of any deals, please e-mail. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom