going to hawaii for school, need bc!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys im somewhat new to scuba diving and i dont have my own gear yet. Im going to buy hawaii for school this september and am looking to make the plunge and buy my gear. I wouldlike some reccomendations not only og bcs but regs and other equipment that would work well and be comfortable in warm water with a thin wetsuit or none at all. thank you!

I would wait until you get to hawaii to buy your bc if you want to save some money. Do some research on what you want and what you're comfortable with and search for gear when you arrive. When you get there you should check for yard sales or craigslist, you can find some good deals and lightly used gear because some people get into the sport and decide to sell their gear not long afterwards. I got my first bc at a yardsale for $50 when I lived there. Seeing you're going to school it would help to save some cash as well.

Dangit, I was going to buy Hawaii so I could learn to surf this summer...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom