Going to Khao Lak January 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree. Just being out on the water in the Andaman Sea is a wonderful experience, even if you don't dive. It's simply beautiful.

We run Richelieu Rock day trips from a larger boat and often have non-divers on board.

One possible snag is that we are based on Koh Phra Thong which is a couple of hours up the coast. Check us out if you have flexibility to try somewhere different.

Thank for all your help folks, and thanks for the pm's. Just found out I will be staying at the Marriott in Khao Lok. Are there any local dive shops that any one can recommend?

All dive ops will go pick you up from your hotel in Khao Lak. It doesn't matter that it's the Marriott. What does matter is where you want to go for diving and what day you are available to dive. The operators often have weekly schedules that they follow, so if you have your heart set on a trip to Richeleiu Rock, for example, you would need to look for an op that has a trip up there on the day you are available to dive.

There are a couple of other companies offering Richelieu trips as well - but I only use Big Blue for our guests. For the Similans I generally use the IQ boat (but with our own staff when possible), and for Koh Bon it depends on your schedule; IQ if possible, otherwise Big Blue or Sea Dragon (Nam Sai). Big Blue is just opening their shop these days, so I'm not sure yet, which days they will go to Richelieu......The planning will be much easier in 4-6 weeks, when we know for sure which boats still operate and which schedules they have..... The Marriott in Khao Lak is very popular btw - the guests we've had staying there, were all very happy with it. You'll have a great time :D

Big Blue is just opening their shop these days, so I'm not sure yet, which days they will go to Richelieu......:D
I also prefer Big Blue for Richelieu and Tachai speedboat daytrips. I've been in touch with Big Blue very recently in setting up daytrips for my customers. It's my understanding that the schedule will remain the same as is currently published on their website, which Surinboy posted above.

Back
Top Bottom