Going very deep with an S95?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
OK, so my beloved Canon WP-DC35 housing (And S90*), rated to 40m, has been down to over 52m and worked flawlessly, the buttons didn't appear to be sticking in at all! And no floods, obviously.
It's clocked up a few 50m+ dives now, and many, many 40m+ dives, all without any sticking/flooding. I wonder how deep it could go before the buttons do stick... and how much deeper until it fails?

BUT

How do i take an S95 very deep... Like say 100m?
When i get around to doing my trimix course, i'll be wanting to take it with me... otherwise there's not point entering the water! (photos are my Mission) :wink:

I see the Fisheye Fix & Recsea are rated to 70m...

And i also see the Fisheye Fix G12 housing can be uprated to 100m with stiffer springs and an 'aluminium port'(?)... for a price...

Any tips? or experience on how deep the Fisheye's really go?

* I had both the S90 & S95 & housings... but decided to take the older camera down on the deep dives, just in case...

Recsea makes a 100 meter version of their G12 housing. You will most likely have problems if you go too deep with the other housings. - Scott

Back
Top Bottom